Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Calendar


I have been working on a few different projects but finally have this one done, and just in time! I combined a few different ideas I have seen over the years starting with the box advent calendars from Martha Stewart and Ali Edwards. I cut the boxes with my Cricut and numbered them with All Mixed Up letters on a simple scalloped circle. Then I hung the boxes on a garland and filled each with a few M&M's and the name of a Christmas book to read that day. The book idea was recently posted on Two Peas in a Bucket and I knew immediately it would be perfect for our family. The boxes are not as eclectic as the inspiration calendars, but that is just not my style so I went with what I know. :) Thanks for visiting!



Supplies: Bazzill Basics Paper (cardstock and ribbon), Papertrey Ink (cardstock), Provo Craft (Cricut cartridges Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and All Mixed Up), Scor Pal (scoring tool), Scotch (Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive), Stampin' Up (scalloped circle punch).

1 comment:

Susie said...

Wow, Jody, what a great twist on the traditional advent calendar! It looks great!